We were able to experience a once in a lifetime Safari to Kenya with Wildlife Safari. We were amazed the whole way through at the incredible landscape, African hospitality and of course the chance to see the wildlife up close in their natural habitat. It was a luxury Safari from start to finish!
Our flight from Melbourne to Doha was upgraded to Business Class, and it certainly has the WOW factor! We enjoyed all of the ammenities and the 14hr+ flight was made much more enjoyable by having a flat bed to sleep on. If you get the chance, treat yourself to Business Class!
We were met by a Wildlife Safari representative, making the entire arrival process easy and relaxed. He escorted us directly to our hotel. Our guide Anthony made our trip! He has worked in the industry for 38 years and still showed passion for the job, especially for the animals and explaining everything to us. He was wonderful.
- 10/10 knowledge
- Insider knowledge when and where the movements were happening
- Anthony made our trip as we were able to get the most out of our experience
- The best time to travel is May to October
- Visa on arrival for Kenya for 50USD – very easy process
- Currency – USD to Kenyan shillings
Sweetwaters Serena camp
Located on Ol Pejeta conservatory, Sweetwaters Camp has its own watering hole which encourages animals to come right up to the camp. Guaranteed sightings of some sort all day long.
- Luxury tented accomodation
- Full board package, food only
- Good for families as double stories family tents are available
- Game drives, morning and evening
Lake Elementaita Serena Camp, Soysambu Conservatory
Located on lake Elementatita, it is great for those especially interested in bird watching including flamingos and pelicans.
- 20 tents, all the same and 1 suite, 2 guests per room
- Rooms/tents were very spacious
- Many activities, such as horse back riding, cooking classes, yoga, nature walks. These are at an extra cost.
- Alacarte dining, 4 courses. Food was still basic
- Service excellent
- Wouldn’t recommend for families
- Lots of beautiful greenery
&Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp – Rift Valley, Masai Mara
This luxury camp has the WOW factor. Spend at least 3 nights here to get the full experience of the camp and facilities with enough time for the game drives.
- Luxury tents set amongst the Masai Mara and over looking the Game Reserve
- Service, they know you by first name. You have the one person look after you from start to finish
- High and low tents available
- Stunning pool looking over the game park
- All tents are modern, scandi deco
Nairobi, Raddison blue
- 20 mins from airport
- Modern, 5 star
- 2 restaurants
- Greta pool/bar area
- Can organise taxi service if you want to go out for a day
- Masai Mara is where it is at!
- Great migration happens Between may and October, this when to come
- We saw 4 of the big 5 both viewing days, and we are out of season
- November it rains every arvo for about 2 hours
Masa Mara Village
- We went to a village, its cost 25USD pp. Unfortunately it’s was cut short due to poor weather
- It’s good to mix up game drives with different activities as it is long days in the vehicle
Kate & Sophie’s Travel Tips
- Little notes for tipping. Everyone expects to be tipped. USD is fine
- Take snacks!! There are big days in the car between locations, plus game drives. So it’s vital to have snacks
- Pack layers
- Take your own binoculars
- Big SD card
Sophie Anderson & Kate Traynor
Sophie started her career in travel in 2010, and Kate in 2013. They have each travelled extensively around the globe. Sophie is a Ski Expert, has lived and worked in Canada. And Kate would follow the summer around the world if she could! They each work full time from our Beaumaris office, and look forward to making your travel dreams come true.